Saturday, October 15, 2005

...meet the new boss, same as the old boss

My digital camera died. I had taken 2095 pictures with it. Kodak CX7530 5.0MP - R.I.P. 10/13/05. The lens fogged, the zoom wasn't working right and then when I tried to open it to fix it... well, nevermind that. It probably got water in it as I was taking pictures of the places affected by flooding in Greenfield.

The worse part about the camera breaking - besides the fact that I bring it everywhere I go and use it almost daily - was that yesterday the family went to see Sesame street live! We brought the 35mm instead and were able to get a few shots. For lunch we went to the Country Buffet in Springfield, which had a RadioShack in the plaza. Call it fate or what have you but they had my exact brand and model of digital camera on clearance. So I bought the little doppleganger and am back in business.

One day when I can justify the cost, I want to give my wife this digital and pick up a digital SLR for myself. At this time I just can't cough up that much dough for basically a toy especially since I can repliate most of the photography effects in photoshop. The primary reason I'm looking at one is the ability to swap out lenses and better control of the shutter. Oh well, we'll see.

No comments: