Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey! Who didn't see this coming...

My brother-in-law sent me a message earlier today: "DUDE THE CROC MAN DIED!!! SIR STEVE IRWIN IS DEAD, DEAD AND GONE, OH MAN I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS!!!!" The denial hit first, no way was he really dead! What the hell could have taken out the 'Crocodile Hunter'? Really now, come on! But unfortunately my friends, it's true! Steve Irwin really has passed on. RIP 09/04/06. Apparently, while shooting a segment for a series called "Ocean's Deadliest", Steve swam too close to a stingray. According to the article, stingrays have a poisonous barb on their tails and with a lucky stick the beast pierced his heart. As I'm writing this, my son (who snuck downstairs and is sitting with me because he cannot sleep) pointed at Steve's picture with the snake and stated, "Dad, that's the Crocodile Hunter from my Wiggles at the Zoo movie." "I know Ry." Should I tell him, should I not. "The story says he was stung by a stingray. He's not going to be on TV anymore." Carefully played. "He's not? Oh man!" Sourse: MSN.

No comments: