Friday, September 15, 2006

Oh, you're still here?

I know I said this site was dead but I've posted, including this one, three additional posts since. I haven't worked on the new site because I've been out of it most of this week due to, yet again, a horrible poison ivy rash. On 09/10, I decided that the lawn could use a good wacking. So I donned some shorts and slipped on some open-toed sandals. I figured I’d be fine, just go inside and wash with special anti-poison ivy soap I was conned into buying. I had a 15-minute window, so they said. The spinning head of the weedwacker indiscriminately chewed up the over grown grass (and poison ivy) and spit out the shreds, most of which covered my legs and fell on the exposed flesh of my feet. Yadda yadda yadda… I’m on a hefty script of prednisone. Hooray for me! I tried to treat it without going to see the Doc but that wasn't the smartest of choices. I'll be signing over power of attorney to my wife, I'm obviously incapable of caring for myself or making the correct choices for... ANYTHING! First bad decision: wearing shorts and sandals to weedwack. Second bad decision: weedwacking the area poison ivy is known to grow. Third bad decision: believing I really had a 15-minute window to wash the affected area before the outbreak would be absolute. Fouth bad decision: looking up alternate treatments on the Internets to avoid calling the doctor. The OTC antihistamine have totally kept me in a groggy state. Maybe I'll post some pictures of my feet. Maybe if my aunt had a mustache I'd call her my uncle. Who knows. Lots of love, -Mike UPDATE: Decided against the posting of the pictures of the outbreak. While at a wedding one of my lady friends was looking at the pictures I took of the wedding and accidently stumbled on to a picture of my foot. Her reaction pretty much sealed the deal on not posting. The fact that she wasn't totally put off keeps her in the running for next-wife... in case anything happens to the current model.

No comments: