Friday, September 01, 2006

In memory of Paula Wright

My Great Aunt passed away sometime yesterday after being diagnosed with an advance case of cancer. At this point, the specific illness diagnosis escapes me but when she was diagnosed she wasn't given much time. I can't say that we were particularly close, I can't really remember the last time I talked to her. It may have been at my Great Grandmother's funeral, but I can't say for sure. The last interaction I can remember was over seven years ago when I happened to be behind her and my Great Grandmother in line at the KFC/Taco Bell. I tried waving to them but I didn't get there attention so I fell back on my time tested method: laying on the horn. The two old women, I swear to you, both jumped up and hit their heads on the roof of Paula's car! My Great Grandmother gave a "you damned foolish kid" wave as they got their food then drove away. The service is tomorrow but the obituary feels like it's going to be a small, private service. I'll pay my respects after the service is over and everyone else has gone. Peace and love.

No comments: