Sunday, June 04, 2006

Weekend News Wrap-up

[ NYDAILYNEWS ] A pain that impales in comparison Kind of reminds me on an incident with my brother unsuccessfully jumped a metal shed. [ THENEWSPAPER ] Chicago: Meter Maid Arrested for Ticketing Cop Interesting. I wrote something about meter maids last week, too. [ THESUN ] Don't want baby on 6.6.6 The picture to the article is awesome. People are dumb all over the world. Remember to tune in Tuesday for my announcement. [ BILLINGSGAZETTE ] Police probe bizarre goat head display Gross.. I hate coconut. [ MAINICHI DAILIY NEWS / MSN ] Soy Sauce flavor -- Putting the 'scream' into 'we all scream for ice cream' The picture makes the story. [ BBC ] Police investigate 'hate' website I found the website the article is referring to back on the 26th from a link on UniquePeek. (The site is hosted on BlogSpot, my firewall at work blocks that domain so just figured I'd give a head's up and UniquePeek may be NSFW.) It's pretty funny, and totally what that guy deserves for selling a defective laptop especially since they are all pictures that were left on the unit. I didn't see any hate, but then again, I'm pretty desensitized to it. [ LOCAL6 ] Police: Couple Offered Hit Man $100 To Kill Grandkids Ahh, with mug shots like that I can tell they're totally innocent. Now if you'll excuse me, I threw up a little in my mouth. [ MPAA ] Swedish Authorities Sink Pirate Bay I originally heard about this over on a blog I read off and on called AtomicTumor. Of course, I was at work at the time and clicked on their link to PirateBay.org and received a nice little notice about the site being blocked due to illegal activities/promoting copyright infringement. Neat. [ BILLINGSGAZETTE ] Mourners remember girl in mistaken ID case Tragic story. [ YAHOO ] Couple's Supposedly Destroyed Hard Drive Purchased In Chicago It's their fault for not wiping the HDD clean first. If they were that worried they would have wiped it themselves or took it with them. I don't understand why you'd have a working HDD replaced anyway, ripped off twice. Don't want to spoil the ending of the User's Manual, but - brace yourself - you can have more than one HDD! Why are people so ignorant when it comes to technology? I've heard, "I don't even know how to turn a computer on!" Ok, see this button marked ON? Start there. "Yeah, but I can't work it." Give me a break. Using a computer nowadays involves little more than the ability to read and follow onscreen instructions. Hell, I colored the links red, took away the underlines and I get a couple of emails a day complaining about it, like so: I'm a little surprised Rob didn't do this first.
Other news too grand to make the Top 10: As you should know, Maddox's book The Alphabet of Manliness shipped late last week. I finished my copy tonight. Great book. Review will be posted tomorrow. Did I mention how great it was? Damn. If I can make it to the 06/26 book signing I can cross his name off the "Who I'd like to meet" list. We'll see. In a story close to me heart, once more the jerks at the FCC rejected CBS' "Wardrobe Malfunction" appeal. The FCC has ruined my life. Also, is it too much to ask that for one week - just one - I'd like to not hear about MySpace in the news. Ok? Humor me. I don't want to hear anymore about students making fake profiles of their teachers, "terrorist" communications, sex offenders or criminals using the site! So, here's a big go screw yourself to both the mainstream media who cover the stories because they can't report real news and the stupid people of MySpace who post incriminating things. Finally, was the 2004 election stolen? Robert F. Kennedy Jr. thinks so, and so do I. The first one was stolen too, but that story was buried because of 9/11. It's fact. Thats all, g'night and g'luck.

No comments: