Sunday, June 11, 2006

Weekend News Wrap-up

[ CNN ] Nevada blast put on hold indefinitely Whoops, I never posted the follow up to this story but the title to this article says it all. "The blast was supposed to be an experiment on how better to attack underground targets like the bunkers used by North Korea and Iran to protect their nuclear facilities." Hope they're not reading this. [ CBS2 ] 'Alien Head' X-Ray Nabs $9,600 In Online Auction If I was surfing 5x faster with Internets accelerator technology I would have been the winning bidder! [ YAHOO ] No sex please, we're butlers I think you need to have some sort of schoolin' for a job like that. All I can think of is that scene in that Tom Hanks' movie Bachelor Party where the bride to be and her chicas were at a male strip club. "Is that a foot long?" "And then some." Remember it? [ SUNTIMES ] How not to commit office faux pas "What about co-workers who keep bringing baked goods into the office. Can we beg them to stop?" If any co-workers are reading, you'll get why I used this quote. [ FREEP ] Shoppers line up two days before Ikea opens The article has a typo, it's not a Podng armchair it's a Poang armchair. I'm not sure I'd sit in line two days to pick up that ugly thing. Then again, the first person in line stated that "after getting in line that those gifts are not as large as she had heard." [ LIVESCIENCE ] Science of Road Rage Revealed I may have this. [ NEWYORKMETRO ] A Very Late Checkout I don't care so much for this story but I love the quote at the end - "But for now, Gothika’s on. 'Halle Berry,' Johnson says. 'Halle . . . Berry.' " Why the hell was this guy in New York anyway? I know he was there because that where they evacuated him to, but why New York? FEMA should have used Hotels.com. They're as competent as the Government when it comes to guarding sensitive data. All you hear about is how greedy these evacuee's are. That because the ones that aren't, are busy working and don't have time to spend interviewing. [ STLTODAY ] 6.6.6: Tuesday is June 6, 2006. Neat story. My wife's first baby appointment was on 6/06/06. I specifically impregnated her when I did so our first appointment would be for that date. Believe it. Good old Aljazeera has a story, Gloves off for Devil's Day. And the Sun brings us, Damien is born on 6.6.06. [ UPI ] Angry boss allegedly chains man to tree I wonder if that will happen when I get my second written warning for not using my please and thank you. For my first one, I received quite a spanking. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. I did feel a bit uncomfortable, though, I had to keep a smile on my face the whole time as they were recording the whole ordeal for a new employee orientation video. [ GUARDIAN ] Hi, it's Bollywood calling "An entire generation up all night, providing crutches for the white morons to run their lives." I happen to work with an Indian call center and know for a fact, at least the ones I work with, they're not very with it. Most of them are made to take "American" names like Victor or VJ or Tonya, it's great. It's even better when I have callers who were transferred from India to me and they complain to me that my company is ruining America for outsourcing jobs to "those people." Of course, I can't answer that we had call centers there before the term "outsource" was popular and I also can't point out that we wouldn't need an extra call center if not for idiotic people like them who can't read their insurance policies.
TheEndisNow is going through a bit of an identity crisis. Bear with me while we wait for the meds to kick in and regulate everything. Blogger has really been pissing me off with times that the service is unavailable. Over the next week, the site will be going through several updates, stay tune. MySpace! You just couldn't do it, could you?! You're in the news again! Photos On MySpace Get Family Evicted From Apartment! Stop ruining lives! And, finally, the Gay Marriage Ban Falls Short of Majority. I knew it would. The only reason Dubya was pushing for this was to incite a reaction from the jackasses out there that think gay marriage matters. It was to stir up bigotry and hate and to be ultimately used to ensure a high Republican voter turn out. There is no need to protect the marriage of a man and a woman, because it's not in danger. Where is the threat? Hollywood provides more of a threat to marriage than the loving union of two people who love each other be they man and woman, man and man or woman and woman. Remember, the beatings will continue until morale improves! Much love.

No comments: