Monday, July 10, 2006

Need a laugh?

Greenfield, Massachusetts Like your local news presented in an unintentionally comical way? Full of flubs, misspeaking and lame attempts at comedy? Dig fake conversations at the end of the show? Then check out Springfield's Choice for local news, CBS 3 WSHM! Last winter, they stuck their weatherman out of the "CBS TV 3 Weather Patio" to report the weather. He was out there with his little blue earmuffs and rosey cheeks. I haven't seen that Weather Patio guy in a while, the new weather guy is kept in studio. They have some news clips of their stories on their website, CBS3Online.com. None of their flub up ones, though. I just happened to be driving down to the Dunkin Donuts for a coffee when I saw the SUV. She seems like a pretty decent drive, notice the perfect stop at the stop line. Oh well. I took the shot, went into the shop and asked for a large French Vanilla Coffee. "So, that was one iced coffee?" the prepubescent clerk asked. "Heh. No," I snipped. I drink only hot coffee - Iced coffee is an abomination! A different guy prepared my coffee. With a smile he said, "He didn't say iced coffee." The coffee was too hot to sip but would be at the perfect temperature once I got back to the office. Fast forward the getting back in the car, driving, getting out, and entering the building. I switched hands with the coffee and finagled with the security pass. I was almost there when disaster struck. As I walked past the water fountain, the bottom of the coffee cut hit the mouth piece of the fountain and it flipped out of my hand... spilling on the carpet! I looked both ways, no one was around so I jogged up to my cube leaving the carpet wet and smelling of french vanilla. I really wanted that coffee, too!

No comments: