Monday, January 16, 2006

Come on Google, give me a break!

Oh what the hell! I posted an update on this site for my Northfield Markers with a link to the site. This site was indexed when that article was up. For the moment, this blog is the #1 search result when you search for "Northfield Massachusetts historical markers" and the kick to the nuts is that my actual photo collection - with the same key words - isn't even listed in the top 100 search results! I don't understand how things are classified. My Resume website is listed #36 under the keywords: "ibm enetwork personal communicator". Anyway, I just updated the Northfield Markers page and added a text-only page to be considerate to dial-up users That's it, it's all over - I won't be updating that area guide again. In my book, its done. I'm currently putting together Greenfield's monuments page. I think I have all of them, but I need to do some more checking before posting the page. If your interested in this boring monument stuff worry not for I have more projects like that underway. I have 90% of a graveyard in Northfield catalogued and will finish it in the spring when the snow is gone and the grass is green. There is also a graveyard here in Millers Falls and one in Leyden I'm cataloguing. Why? It started when I was taking gravestone pictures for my genealogy website. I would take a few extra pictures of stones with the same surname in the off chance they may be related and it would save me another trip. I wondered how hard it would be to catalogue a whole cemetary and I'm finding its a more daunting task than I thought. Thanks for everyones interest. If you came here from some oddball keyword combination - stay awhile and read through the site - you may like what you see. Peace.

No comments: