Tuesday, January 10, 2006

...honor among thieves

We went to the Hampshire Mall on Saturday (01/07/06). My wife's brother wanted to go to the EB there and next door to the Barnes & Noble. First we went over to the Barnes & Noble. As we were driving in the front of the Wal-Mart an older couple started crossing infront of us. I slowed to give them time enough to walk, I did not stop. For some reason, or at least I felt like, they started to walk slower as they passed in front of us. THEN the man made a face at me, I had to make it back - of course! He then proceed to flip me off and I drove over to our store. I still don't fully understand the whole exchange, maybe he thought we were punk kids - I don't know. I wonder what would have happened had he done that 6 years ago - we'll never really know I guess. After we parked my Wife, son and I did some shopping in Michael's. Her brother walked down to Barnes & Noble. My son had a little accident in the store, so I brought him out to the car for a quick change. (What is the best thing about potty training...? NOTHING!) He was changed and feeling fresh and that's when I spotted it. A small black suitcase with wheels just laying behind my car. In the dark it looked brand new, infact the case still had the plastic tag holders on it! My mind raced with possibilities of how this case came to be here. There was only one logical conclusion.... It must have been stolen. Obviously. I came to the conclusion that the thief.. no, the gang of thieves ripped off a local store and after a heated foot chase dropped their loot here. Were they apprehended? Were they coming back after the heat was off? I couldn't wait to find out. I opened the trunk with the remote latch, deftly scooped up the case and tucked in me booty... aargh, i knows me treasure when me sees it! With the shopping and drive home complete, I quickly brought my ill-gotten booty inside to check it out. aargh, and what be contained in thar? A Mach3 razor, 2 replacement blades in the holder and a cotton-swab in... questionable condition. YUCK! I had to disinfect my hands in boiling bleach - I didn't want to catch the things you tend to catch from old cotton swabs. So... No longer am I the pirate who stole their booty from a lousy thief but I am now a good citizen with an environmental conscious - oh the irony!

1 comment:

M. E. H. said...

Um. I'm not that big. The shirt is just untucked.