Saturday, January 07, 2006

...site moved

I'm pretty sure that I've completed the transition from my old site to this domain. There are two topics that I haven't moved yet, one concerning the adventures of home ownership and the other for my digital artwork. I haven't decided on the format I want to use with those. The comic is currently setup under a blog template, but I'm playing with some php scripts - like Walrus, the script that runs Hate Song. Blogger has some nice templates, I chose the Minima one for this site as a starting point. I've edited it a very little. I'll personalize it some more one of these days. Blogger is a pretty nice service... #1 becauses it free and #2 you're not stuck using a free host that's overrun with ads! I don't use ads, if an ad pops up when you're looking at any of my sites you have a bad case of ad/spyware! Seriously, who clicks on the ads? Especially the ones that either begin or end with the plea "Help Support our site!" Give me a break! Most pay-per-click sites offer maybe a cent or two per unique click. So lets say, I have 100 visitors and by some luck all 100 are interested in a third parties ad.. I may get 1.00! Hooray, McDonald's here I come! But hold up, most pay-per-click sites have a minimum amount you need to earn before they'll pay - usually $20. So I'll need 2000 - UNIQUE - visitors to click some lame ad! There are also the pyramid programs and all that crap. No thanks. I'll put a banner button or two for sites I visit often but that's it and there are no kick backs. There is one draw back. I don't like how Blogger handles the images. They're all throw into one directory and an arbitrary five digit number is added to them. Its a pain. So, anyway. This site is up now. Enjoy. Yadda yadda yadda. If you like/hate any article I've written, photo I've taken or whatever please drop me a line I'd love you hear about it. If you've found me via search engine could you drop me a comment and let me know which one and the key word. Thanks.

No comments: