Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Would you be my hero?

Back in May, Mister Orange posted his “Ultimate” question: How many [combat trained] 5 year-olds could you take out at once? There were stipulations and conditions to the brawl, of course. If you haven’t yet, read over and maybe throw up your own response. It’s pretty interesting to think about… if you’re into fighting children that is. I figured I could take out about fifty of the little buggers. Another commenter thought they were tougher and bragged they could take around one hundred! As much as I’d love to debate further on how many five year-olds could be taken out, I want to toss out my own question. Can I borrow twenty dollars? Question: If you could have any special ability or powers, what would they be? With the bonus question: How would you use them? Focus points:
  • Yes, I’m asking because of that “Heroes” show.
  • The ability or power does not necessarily have to be limited to comic or cartoon characters. But if that’s your train of thought, there are no limits on the universe or brand, any and all are welcome. Also, fear not the label of “Joey Gladstone.” Adult cartoon watchers are not all Ninja Turtle pajama wearing, woodchuck puppet sodomizing weirdoes… except on the weekends. After a few beers.
  • You can always opt out and not want powers. But give me a big why not.

My answer:

  • I’d want to have a symbiotic costume like Venom but it’d have to be less mind controlling and more like Spawn’s living armor.
  • The ability to use the ever-popular anime Ki blasts, specifically like those in the Dragon Ball Trilogy.
  • The ability to use the Sharingan from the series Naruto. I know, I know, the Byakugan are said to be more powerful but they’re a dull gray and the users face gets all veiny. Yuck.
  • I wouldn’t want to be indestructible or able to fly. Those aren't really appealing. Immortality, too, is out of the mix.
Now, what say you?

Iron man Folgore, Invincible Folgore, Brave and strong Folgore, He always wins the day.

5 comments:

misterorange said...

I think I would like to simply read minds. That seems like a power that would be both overrated ("Suddenly you can make people do anything you want!") and underrated ("So...that's it?").

Those who want to be invisible are just pervy.

But part of me still wants to be. For (partially) non-pervy reasons.

Okay, mainly pervy. But still.

M. E. H. said...

I asked my three year old son what power he'd like to have and his response was to be able to turn into a lion. And in a growly voice he added, "So I can roar!"

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://copgrxep.com/meax/fzfc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tcqcionc.com/zxhi/affq.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://copgrxep.com/meax/fzfc.html | http://fuwrouiy.com/yqkm/qomp.html