Sunday, March 05, 2006

Breaking news in Turners Falls..

"We now go to Michael Henry, reporting live via telephone." [Small picture of Mike in upper right hand corner.] "Thank you, Chuck and Diane. I am here on Third Street in Turners Falls where a two car accident has closed the road. Some time before 8:30pm there was a collision between a late model black pickup truck and a green mini-van." Camera zooms slowly into Diane: "Mike, is there any news on the drivers or the cause?" Audio only: "Diane, paramedics are currently treating the occupents of both vechicles and Police are working on crowd control. They are not commenting at this time. Several tenents from the surrounding apartment buildings and some bar patrons have gathered on the sidewalks observing the accident. Viewers should take notice that Third Street, from the Hallmark Museum to the Exxon gas station is currently closed. The accident itself is directly infront of Suzee's Third Street Laundry. This is Mike, reporting live from Suzee's Third Street Laundry - Chuck and Diane, back to you." "Thanks Mike, scary stuff huh Diane?" inquires Chuck. "You got that right. Looks like we need to update that picture of Mike's! The only photo we had was his intern photo? What's that... from like six years ago?!" Diane giggles. "Get a hair cut, hippy!" Off camera, a producer shouts. "It was the best we had on short notice!" Fin. P.S. ...I hope you're not dead. P.P.S. This had to happen in front of me when I didn't have my camera! Damn it all! I once again, take the Cockeyed vow to always bring my camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There seem to be a lot of accidents in the area or not accidents but a lot of activity!

ps. I made my roomate read "It's a crappy story" and she loved it and I had to send her your link

When you become a big shot writer, pls. remember the little people.

No, not midgets.