Sunday, March 26, 2006

Weekend News Wrap-up

A new feature? Yup! I've decided to add another guaranteed weekly update. Every Sunday I'll be posting the Top 10 news stories that I thought were interesting over the past week - Monday to Sunday. Links pop. Like zits.

[ NEWSDAY ] Getting grilled over hot rumor / Long Island This story was right up my alley, rumors spread and the end result was a community came together to show support for a favored resturant. I wish rumors had surfaced over Bickford's.

[ NTNEWS ] Free beer for toads / Australia Free beer for turning in the Toads, then the toads are killed by an overdose of barbituates. That's pretty much the whole story.

[ THEINQUIRER ] Google beats off the government / NY? I've been following this story since I heard about it. It's not a total victory for Google but at least it's an inconvenience to those idiots at the Dept. of Justice.

[ WFTV9 ] Christian Wrestlers Body Slam For God / Georgia I've been waiting for this! First - Christian Rock, now - Christian Wrestling! I wonder what their overly dramatic storylines will be?

[ ROCKEFELLER ] When mice choose mates, experience counts In regards to people, my wife has been telling me this for years! This little gold band is like a chick-magnet.

[ MSN ] Japan's 'second virgins' are camels in a dry spell Good to hear that is one of that country's biggest problems.

[ SFGATE ] Member of notorious Nut Cases gang found guilty / California Sure, any killing is tragic but come on Nut Cases gang? Their gang tattoo was Mr. Peanut! No, really according to the story it is! Al Capone was convicted of tax evasion and sentenced for 11 years. If the murder charges don't stick, get them on copyright infringement!

[ CBSNEWS ] Alligator Knocks on Fla. Woman's Door / Florida When I heard this story, the first thing to pop in my head was, "I hope that's not my mother!" It wasn't but I could still pretty much imagine how my mother would have handled the situation.

[ KUTV ] Naked Utah Woman Jumps Into Stranger's Shower / Utah "Man, nothing like that ever happens here! Hey, hun, get this - a women got into an argument with neighbors or something then ripped off her clothes. Naked, she hops in her car then drove someplace and walks into the strangers house. She started to take a shower. Then.. eww." The nappy picture didn't take away from the story but why the "throwing" of urine? And how does one throw it?

[ ABCNEWS ] Case Dropped Against Afghan Christian / Afghanistan ...and his body will never been seen again.

No comments: