Monday, March 27, 2006

Tom goes to the Hospital

No folks, that's not a mole... Did you hear? Tim, co-creator of Tom goes to the Mayor, was stabbed last thursday! Oh, shirt! Please, please - You have to read his story about the events that unfolded. I can almost imagine that happening to me when I lived in the apartment in Turners Falls. I had some pretty nutty neighbors. You have to admit, that's one hell of a damned good excuse for getting caught in a gay bar by your girlfriend! Rats off to you, Tim.
I think his story would make a pretty funny scene in a movie. Here's my brief screenplay. I don't know what leads up to this point, but I already know the ending. It's the part that makes your face implode. I don't know what makes your face implode but that's the way the movie ends. Anyway. Here goes. I'm picturing the old lady from the Andy Milonakis Show pounding on Andy Richter's door, the hero of the story. "Yeah, Yeah. I'm coming!" Andy says as he's rumaging in a pile of clothes. The door opens, he's in a suit & tie. The old lady is at the door. "It's my son! You have to help him!" "What it is lady?" he asks. She jumps an old lady jump, "you have to help him!" "Oh, Jimmity!" He shakes his head and proceeds to jog up the stairs. He approaches an open door. "Hey, champ? You in there?" He hears a grunting or snorting sound. "You in here kid?" The grunting sounds continue. The camera zooms in on his eyes which are darting back and forth. Suddenly there is a galloping noise and a knife wielding guy appears before him. Andy's eyes widen. The guy would have to be played by a bearded Brian Posehn. "In the year 2000," the guy chants. "Zome bodys gonna die." Then charges. Background music slowly increases in volume. Its the non-lyric version of They Might Be Giant's Bastard Wants to Hit me. (Check out the flash video on the website, it's great.) "Oh, snap!" Andy yells and runs out of the door, down the stairs. He calls back, "Hey, don't run with knives man!" The chase continues out the building and down the street. First they pass a juice bar with a bunch of kids. Then they pass by a "leather" gay bar, Andy stops for a moment then decides not to stop and keeps on. He then stops infront of a strip club and yells, "Oh, god! Knife!" He tries to run in past the bouncer but he is pushed back. The bouncer would have to be played by Ving Rhames. "Nice try, buddy. Didn't work for that guy and it won't work for you!" He points his thumb at a bum with a fake knife sticking out of his head. Andy turns and the knife wielding psycho would be right behind him. The knife is raised and comes down in a stabbing gesture. Fade to black. I don't have the next scene worked out yet. What do you think?

No comments: