Monday, February 20, 2006

In their defense, "Best Service Around" isn't there motto...

After today's let down in Greenfield, my wife came home from work and proposed the idea of a trip to the mall. The Holyoke Mall is a great place to grab a bite to eat, pick up the latest music and clothes shop all in one place! We call this place the Big Mall, the Hampshire Mall in Hadley is called the Small Mall. Because, well, it's smaller. The journey started out bad. Normally, the trip from our home to the mall in Holyoke takes 30-40mins. We sat in traffic for 30 minutes before we even got out of Greenfield! It was due to road construction on the high-way that seems to be taking forever... who knows when they'll get it done - even when it is, I'm sure something will have been done half-assed. That’s neither here nor there at this point. The day may have started out badly but I was determined to turn fortune in my direction. So I imagined that - I HAD WON THE CAR CONTEST! One day, I might do the full Cockeyed joke. Rob, you're great! As my brother-in-law snapped the picture , several people stopped out of camera range. They didn't want to walk though the shot - like it was something important or something! My wife wanted to go to Christmas Tree Shops. I had to go to the bathroom, so I used the one there. Good fortune, again! I learned that God loved me! (That was actually there, I don't carry pens with me out of fear they'll puncture my scrotum.) It's a Seinfield reference. I've done my fair share of window-shopping in my day, and I've also seen my fair share of naked mannequins... but this booty was spectacular! Was my wife modeling on the side? She has some 'splainin to do! I couldn't resist, I just had to... "Hey, baby, I just won a new car. Wanna go for a ride?" With my spirits high and having just groped a fine mannequin ass (though the glass), it was time for food! We went to Pizzeria Uno's for dinner. I hate this place, but my wife loves it. Every time I go this chain, something is screwed up. No exaggeration, believe it! I also don't care for the fact they serve Pepsi instead of Coke! Damn it, I hate Pepsi! I've noticed that places that serve Pepsi instead of Coke also load their glasses with more ice - always trying to screw me! Before the waiter came and asked for our order, I told my brother-in-law about the last experience I had with the restaurant up in Keene. I asked for no pesto on the pizza, I wanted the marina sauce. What did I get... some gross mix of pesto and marina - that pizza was free! Having just told him of the story, as if on cue, the waiter comes over. I ordered a crispy chicken salad, we ordered my son spaghetti and my wife and her brother both ordered personal pizzas. My wife asked for no sauce, just the chicken, mushrooms and cheese. Her brother ordered a pepperoni and sausage. Eventually our food came out to us. My son's pasta was great and he dove right in. My brother-in-law's pizza was great and he dove in. My salad came, it looked weird - I've never had a salad with cold spaghetti on top but it tasted ok. The cole slaw was a joke! It tasted great, I'll give them that, but it cost $1.29 and they only gave me four bites worth! My wife's pizza was totally screwed up! "Why is there a tomato on this?" "Ha! I told ya.." "He did call it," my brother-in-law added. At that very second the manager happened to be walking by! We explained the situation and ta da! We got a free pizza! It wasn't the server's fault, the manager checked and he did in fact put the order in correctly. The cook was simply following the habit, oh well. She also got a free cesar salad to hold her over until her new pizza came out. After we were done eating, we piled back in the car and drove home. Along the way, my wife pointed out this little typo! I mean, come on! How could you miss that? Could it have been a fluke and this one box just misprinted? Nope! She had the messed up pizza and her corrected pizza boxed up! Its wrong on both boxes... muhahaha! The last laugh is all mine to be had.

No comments: