Friday, February 03, 2006

State of the Union 2006

...a wrap up with absolutely no insight or useful viewpoints. I listen to Bill O'Reilly (herein referred to as Mista William) on a regular basis.. I balance him out with Randy Rhodes (herein referred to as Goddess), and she’s absolutely awesome. I often wonder what its like to be filled with that much passion. I’ll never know, I’m too lazy. On the Radio Factor the other night, Mista William admitted that he'd not seen the State of the Union. He read the transcript instead, stating that the applause irked him. Didn’t watch it either? Here’s what he’s referring to. One side would stand, hoot and howl after an obviously staged pause - mostly the republicans. I guess they'd be called the right. I'm not really clear on who is left and who is right - some times I have a hard time removing bottle caps. I repeat to myself the old adage Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty. How does that apply to the speech, I don't know. The applause is ridiculous, I agree but when the democrats stood and applauded BEFORE the staged pause in regards to the defeat of Dubyah's social security reform. I just loved it, you can’t write comedy like that! To my surprise, the powers that be actually included that interrupting applause in the transcript. Maybe they’re not all liars. From White House Website: "Congress did not act last year on my proposal to save Social Security -- (applause) -- yet the rising cost of entitlements is a problem that is not going away. (Applause.) And every year we fail to act, the situation gets worse." Another thing Mista William that you missed in not watching the broadcast was Fox News' shots of a smug Hilary Clinton. I was watching Fox, maybe other stations caught an equally looking smug Mrs. Clinton but I can only comment on what I saw. Mista William, did you watch the response of the Democrats? Or did you find a better way (get the tie in, no?) and also read the transcript? And while all this wonderful, patriotic programming was enthralling millions of viewers, it was later discovered two women had a run in with the law concerning t-shirts they were wearing. Now, I have no insightful or epiphanic understanding of the situation, all I know was Cindy made herself a target and Beverly was an insider. Even though I think I know better, I know that you don't oppose the government openly and expect fair treatment. Duh. On the Goddess' radio show, she played a sound clip of Al Gore debunking the President's claim of the necessity of wiretapping – the Presidents claim was it could have saved us from 9/11. Mr. Gore (who should be referred to as Mr. President) stated that we did wire tap two of the suspects and at least one was in the phone book. The problem was that they never translated the recordings. It leads me to the question of who writes Dubyah's speeches... but I don't want to have my phones tapped, so I won't ask it. I Love you, Dubya... Love you, Mista William... Love you, my truth spewing Goddess... and above all I Love you America. See you soon at the Ballot Box!
Its not stalking if its out of love. It's not illegal if you're the President. Believe it!

No comments: