Saturday, May 06, 2006

Close-up insect pictures

I like to take pictures of things, lots of pictures of lots of things. My motto is to shoot everything and sort it out later. Before digital, I'd waste rolls and rolls of film on my treasured shots. Now I bring my Kodak EasyShare CX7530 everywhere I go. I blame Rob Cockerham and his site, Cockeyed.com, for this addiction of mine. Anyway, I usually shoot in Portrait or Landscape mode but over the past week I tried out the Close-up mode to capture these insect pictures shown below. Backyard Ants Ants love my back yard and also apparently this baked, not fried, corn chip. It's kind of inspiring, all those ants working together toward a common goal.

Butterfinger Ants I took the bite-sized butterfinger that my son gets in his LUNCHABLES® Pizza kit and placed it on the window cill. It took about thirty seconds before this little creep came trying to snag a free meal.

The but we weren't even doing anything flies As if I were a parent walking into teenage girls room who had her boyfriend over so they could "study" together, the rear fly dismounted the other fly as I approached. As the picture snapped, they both flew away - before I could lecture them on responsibility!

The sleeping moth On my way into work on Friday I spotted this sleeping beauty on the door to my building. It's tree bark like camouflage pattern may have fooled a predatory bird or two, but I scooped it right up and ate that sucker!

No comments: