Monday, May 15, 2006

Here’s to you, Mister Six Flag’s man!

Greenfield, Massachusetts Yesterday, as some might have known, was Mother's day. I took my wife and son out to lunch at Friendly's on the Mohawk Trail. The place was packed but service wasn't bad, no worse than usual anyway. It took about ten minutes before we were seated; I was getting antsy just standing there in line.

"Hey, lets go to Reggie's. I bet they're slow!" I inquired. If you're a Seinfield fan, you'd understand that Reggie's is the bizarro coffee shop to Monk's. It also has very little business. I now refer to the Bickford's Family Restaurant in Greenfield as Reggie's. The only real reason is because it makes me smile.

So we've finally been seated and the first round of drinks arrive. Many local restaurants cringe when they see me coming as I demand a minimum of three refills per dinner - any less and the tip suffers! The appetizers quickly followed suit.

"Oh no honey, you have the last mozzarella stick," my wife said as she pushed the little plate to me. While I was chomping away on the last stick, the little red devil that sits on my shoulder whispered in my ear and told me to look behind me. Nonchalantly, I turned and witnessed the Six flags guy drinking a coffee! I was able to snap off a quick pic then the battery promptly died.

I have the sound effects enabled on my camera, so when the picture snapped it made a noise. This roused the old man up out of his seat and he began to do that weird dance but soon the fun time was over and he boarded his magical six flags bus. He left Friendly's that day to parts unknown. Farewell, Six flags man! Farewell!

Let this be a lesson to you, always bring your camera and fresh batteries!

No comments: