Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hey, did you hear something?

South Prospect Street, Millers Falls, Ma. I don't understand some people. You tell them, "Don't touch that, it's hot!" What do they do? They grab right ahold of it! "I needed to see how hot," they'll respond as you scold them. I feel like I've had an encounter with such a person today. I'm trying to grow grass in the front of my house. Everything and everyone seems to be against this endeavor. First, several down pours have washed away my top soil and seeds. I threw down more soil and sprinkled more seeds. Second, there have been birds pecking away, eating my precious seeds. Now, today, when I came home from work some jackass DROVE on my already embattled seedlings! The thing that really gets me is that I strategically placed several large rocks to ward off the very scenario that had unfolded. I carefully examined each one, maybe the fool who'd run them over hadn't made it very far due to the damage my precious rocks inflicted on their vehicle. Unfortunately, the rocks had no scrapes or visible movement. The rocks, apparently, are worthless. I don't know who you were but thank you for being an asshole, come again.

1 comment:

kevin black said...

You can't leave the rocks in a straight line and expect someone not to be able to easily ride over them. As such, they just look like an invitation to someone who wants to spite the person who laid the protective rocks down in the first place. Stagger them so at least one of four tires would hit it. Think. Do I have to teach you the upturned nails in a "flower bed" trick?