Sunday, May 28, 2006

Weekend News Wrap-up

[ WIRED ] Why We Published the AT&T Docs I've been keeping close tabs on this story. This is just another installment. Here is similar story, but with a techie diagram showing how they're doing it. If you ever call me, it isn't (only) the tourettes that makes me yell out those odd things. I'm just shouting out the "keywords" that were in Enemy of the State. If you haven't yet, you need to watch that movie. It's so absurd that it is believable, given the circumstances with which we now live. [ ARTICBEACON ] New World Order Senior Citizens RV Brigade Spying On Their Fellow Americans I don't know how true this is but it gives me shivers thinking about the Good Sam Club up to the Franklin Country Fairgrounds. I passed by there on Friday while on my way home. Old folks were sitting in front of their RVs in lawn chairs. Just sitting! To my knowledge, fires aren't allowed and there aren't any decent places to fish that are close by. Seriously, what the hell is the point?! [ NYPOST ] McGreevey's Gay Road Thrill No comment for the story, we should all be happy on the road. I just wanted an NJ story to Danzition to where I complain about the smell of that state! Man, I've drive the family though New Jersey probably four or five times now on various family trips, the smell just doesn't get any better. The Garden state should lay off the fertilizer, if you get my drift. They're also in debate over what the office dirt should be. [ CNN Money ] Big Oil cleared by FTC for price fixing ...because record profits are meaningless. It's funny, before the inquiry, gas in the Franklin Country area peaked out at $3.03 or 05 / gallon. After the probe, it dropped back to around $2.88. It's not yet time to replace the car with a bicycle but it's pretty darn close. Maybe I'll pick up one of those tandem bikes and have a child seat attached, we'll "bike pool" to work and school. [ YAHOO ] Ice cream, cakes banned for pope visit to Wadowice "Cakes and ice cream can easily go off in summer temperatures and can pose a danger to health." I assume they must mean spoil, unless the cakes and ice cream are really improvised explosive devices. I'll be traveling to Cape Cod in a few weeks, while there I will demand a ban on all Pepsi products. [ CNN Money ] Bringing baby to work: Disrupting or not Don't let me wife's employer see this. [ REUTERS ] U.S. man seeks $1.6 mln in dead dog suit When I panhandle, I tend not to wear suits. [ FOXNEWS ] 'Dr. 90210' and Passenger Restrain 80-Year-Old on Flight This guy is a major ass, good to know he can take of 80 year olds. I'll speed dial him if my Grandmother ever gets lippy! If you've ever watched, or were made to watch by your loving, beautiful, sex spouse, you'll know what I mean. The jackass does his little karate in the middle of the street in front of his house, lifts weights before surgery and is just an all around creep. Oh, and his wife is off in la-la land to boot. I haven't seen this yet, but the article says that Dr. Rey also appears as himself on a Carl's Jr. commercial in which he advises a chicken to undergo breast augmentation surgery. I'll never eat at a Carl's Jr. Ever! (There aren't any in Franklin County but that's not the point.) [ DECATURDAILY ] Couple caught with stolen sex toy, police say "a 'king size' rubber sex toy resembling a part of the male anatomy." Um, the foot? No, too obvious. The hand? Damn, what could they be talking about? Oh, I know. It’s the nose! As a connoisseur of adult entertainment, a 9-inch toy isn't "king size." I'm available for expert testimony, guys. Just send me the coach bus business-class plane tickets and I'm there. On a side note to this, I know druggies aren't that bright to begin with but, seriously, leave the paraphernalia at HOME when you're out joyriding. You don't need the scale, you're not going to have an epiphanic moment and shout out, "Dear God, how much does that [insert something witty here] weigh! I must know!" I love watching COPS when they pull over some jackass for speeding and they find a little baggy under the passenger's seat. Of course, the white powder turns out to be asscrack. BAM! Instant one-way pass to lockup! Just a little PSA, leave the paraphernalia at home. [ NYPOST ] Hill Drive of '55 There goes my vote for Billy's wife if she decided to run for President in 2008, not like it would have been counted anyhow.

So, here is a super biggy that is over and above this list. If you have any Bayer products, I recommend ditching them. I totally purged anything made by them and will not buy anything from them in the future. I didn't see this reported in my local paper, the Recorder, and I missed the television broadcast. Luckily, I stumbled on the copy Yikers.com had of the MSNBC report about Bayer Purposely Deployed Medicine With HIV In It. (Give it a second to open, the site takes a bandwidth beating from time to time and may be a tad bogged.) Elsewhere, did you hear about the FBI raid on the congressman? Everyone needs to repeat 6th grade civics. When I'm president, in 15 to 20 years, things will be different. Believe it. Movie news, two movies I've wanted to see opened this week: X-Men 3: The Last Stand and An inconvenient Truth, Al Gore's documentary. (I dig documentaries and can't wait to spend tomorrow in front of the tube watching the History Channel.) Once I see the movies, I'll post some reviews. MisterOrange did a review of X3; you can check it out while you're waiting on me. Finally, tomorrow is Memorial Day. Memorial Day is a time to remember the U.S. men and woman who lost their lives serving their country. Originally known as Decoration Day, it was established in 1868 to commemorate the dead from the Civil War. Over the years it came to serve as a day to remember all U.S. men and women killed or missing in action in all wars. Much love.

1 comment:

M. E. H. said...

The spell checker changed the misspelling of connoisseur to coinsure. It was late when I posted it and heck, I don't speak spanish so it looked fine to me.

I don't coinsure adult entertainment, I'm pretty sure that would involve some kind of license and lots of moist towelettes.