Friday, April 28, 2006

Coca-Cola BLaK review

Couldn't find the singles.Do you enjoy Coca-Cola Classic? Do you get your kicks from a cup of joe? Well, you might enjoy a - tiny - bottle of Coca-Cola Blak! There motto is Coke Effervenscence with Coffee Essence. Pretty catchy if you ask me! How black is Coca-Cola Blak? Looks about the same. It might be a shade darker than the Coca-Cola with Lime and Coca-Cola Classic but not by much, not by much at all. Now take the beverage and take a whiff, the aroma is a caramelistic coffee. With the first sip, you notice the coffee flavor but it isn't overpowering - you can just tell it's there. Also, the carbonation seems to be less than regular Coca-Cola. I don't like to drink decaffeinated coffee, I try not to drink caffeine free sodas and I sure as hell don't drink non-alcoholic beer. Why bring this up? Drinking a beverage for it's taste alone is not something I do. There has to be something in it for me. I'm greedy like that. Lucky for me, Coca-Cola Blak has twice the caffeine as regular Coca-Cola Classic with half the calories! Unfortunately for me, I don't care too much for the "coffee" flavor. Sure, I like coffee and I drink coffee by the gallons (when it's free, such as during work sponsored brunches and the free refills at restaurants) but I don't enjoy products that are flavored like coffee. Coffee ice cream is a big no-no! Don't even get me started on iced coffee either! It's an abomination! After a few more sips of this stuff the focus isn't on the flavor anymore. You're left thinking, "Why the hell am I still drinking this? It's gross!" The answer is, of course, this stuff isn't cheap and if you're going to shell out the dough, you're better choke it down! I couldn't find this stuff by the bottle so I had to buy the four-pack at $5.99 plus deposit. I could have bought a 20oz bottle and a 12oz can netting me the same amount of fluid for only about $2.00 including deposit! Of course, I finished the case and I have to admit: I'm not a fan but I do dig the bottle design. Also, I'm glad I had a chance to try Blak before it failed and was yanked from the shelves. Pick some up, try it and let me know what you think of it. Product Release Date: April 2006
For complete disclosure purposes: This is not a Coca-Cola Company sanctioned review. There is no affiliation between the company and me. I own no stock. This editorial is the opinion of a coca-cola connoisseur with a 15 year addiction to the stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I reviewed it at my site, too. I think we pretty much have the same conclusions.

http://www.entertainmentweakly.com/blog/2006/04/product_review_cocacola_blak.html

It's a pretty popular product out there on the review circuit!