Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tune in to tune out

On the way to work in morning, I like to listen to the Bax & O'Brien morning show on Springfield's Classic Rock - Rock 102 / WAQY. Those guys are great. I'm even getting used to that Sarah Ryan, even though everything seems to be over her dull little head. Dull little head? It's like a complement. Heck, Its the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me! She wouldn't get that it is a Seinfeld reference. I listen to their radio show until around 9:30 or until the Master Thespian bit has finished then I go off to work. During my lunch and break, I like to go out to my car and listen to AM talk radio. The only one worth listening to is WHMP and its part of the monopoly of crappy Greenfield stations that Saga Communications owns, they own Rock102 also. Each station of the other Greenfield stations (WHAI, WRSI, WPVQ) share at least one disc jockey, most of the programs are recorded and each has such a LIMITED play list. It's awesome when WPVQ aka Bear Country's pre-recorded programming starts skipping, which is often. Also, its funny when someone must push the "Intro" button instead of "Play" and only the first 10 seconds of the recordings play then go to the next one! I've never stepped foot in a radio station before but I'm assuming its like a giant CD player setup. I don't know. Recently, in the last couple of months or so, there was a scheduling change at WHMP. I don't know if it was a station scheduling change or an Air America programming change but either way the Al Franken show was moved to 8 pm and the Thom Hartmann show took it's place. I don't like the show. The show is all labor this, democracy that, blah, blah, blah.. He's like a poorly cloned William O'Reilly without the phony "Thank god for you" callers that William gets all the time. When it comes to the caller's questions He is pretty on the ball, though, and knows his stuff. When a caller questions him he either has the answer or obtains it within a few moments. [ Sometimes he guest hosts for the Rhandi Rhodes show, I'll then turn the radio off. He is way too dry for that program. It would be like me on, what's a popular dancing show? American band stand. Yeah, lets go with that. It's the only one I can think of. It would be like watching me dance on American band stand. I can't dance, I'd just try to be keeping up with the other people on the dance floor and most likely making a fool of myself. I'm a dirty dancer. I was trying to find a guest blogger to run the site while I'm on my trip to New York but William O'Reilly wasn't availble. I'm not like Rhandi Rhodes, I won't let a nobody run my popular site/show and run it into the ground. Also, I needed someone as delusional and self absorbed as myself. Return my calls, Willy! ] During the Thom Hartman show, there is an advertisement for Eco Wine. The woman in the ad professed how great advertising on his program was, how after the first ad she got a call stating, "Whatever it is you're selling I want to buy it!" Yeah, sure. She provided the phone number for her company and then stated you could also visit the company's website at the web address, "ww dot eco wine dot com." W. W. I've listen to the same commercial for weeks, its run daily... listening hard for the third W. Nothing. There has also been no correction to this annoying little error. "In the business, Tom, you're listeners are what we call the target audience." Unless you have your web browser setup with the Auto search, you'll get the site not found page. I hope their target audience has a clue and know that you can either drop the WWW all together or that you need all three - unless there is a subdomain of WW. I've never seen that, have you? This isn't new technology, you'd think even the blue hairs would get it right by now! I'll leave you with the last word, but be sure to check my website often for more awesome articles and disingenious rants. ww.theendisnow.com

3 comments:

M. E. H. said...

I forgot two things when I wrote this. #1 I wish I could have spared the $150 for two tickets to the Bax & O'Brien roast. That would have been a kick ass show.

#2 - WHAI has a really crappy syndicated radio show hosted by Delilah. Another station within the listening area also has the same program, I don't know the stations call letter or freq off the top of my head. When you talk about fake, you're talking about this show. Maybe its just because I hate sappy and sad or maybe its because half the stories sound like a 50 cent paperback. In either case, she sucks.

http://www.delilah.com

Anonymous said...

OMG, I hate Delilah! When I first started at crockers I went to her website. It was just as boring as she is!

M. E. H. said...

She's also syndicated in a NJ or NY station and we heard her as we were coming home. The picture of her on the WHAI website is nice.. probably pretty retouched.