Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Earth Day!

Yup, it's April 22nd and that makes today Earth Day! Today isn't the day to plant a tree - that's Arbor Day and that's next Friday. What is Earth Day you ask? Well, Earth Day began back in 1970 (on today's date) as an event that attempted to bring the public together on environmental issues. In other words, it's a day that the tree huggers use to push their ideas that the environment needs to be protected, their ideas on conservation, reduction on fossil fuels, blah blah blah. Well, since I hugged a tree today I feel that warrants that I provide my readers with a 2006 Earth Day tip. Brace yourself, because it's a doozy. I will be referring to this pine tree as a Holiday Tree - #1 because I don't want to offend non-Christians (yeah, right) and #2 I want TEiN to show up on the Google search for Holiday Tree. That pinhead William has a lot of pinheaded followers. Anyway, my tip is to reuse last year's Holiday Tree. I have mine out in my back yard. It is still mostly green with most of needles still attached. With 8 months to go until the Holiday Season, I know some of you will have concerns over the quality of the tree. Never fear! Just before you're about to erect your glorious tree just tag it with a little high quality spray paint. I personally guarantee* that this will allow you to reuse that Holiday Tree for at least the next two Holiday Seasons! Have a good day! * By personally guarantee I imply no actual guarantee. No warranty provided for Acts of God. No cash value. Void, void, void. Cashier do not cash this check!

No comments: